Oil pulling is an ancient ayurvedic natural remedy for improving health.
- It involves the use of pure oil to pull out harmful bacteria,fungus or other harmful organism from your mouth,teeth or throat.
HISTORY OF OIL PULLING
OIL PULLING originated in India as a natural healing practices,described in ancient Ayurveda text,according to the national center for biotechnology information ( NCBI ).Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine that was formed around 3000 to 5000 years ago.
BASIC 5 STEPS FOR OIL PULLING
- Take 2 teaspoon of oil.
- Gently swish the oil , pulling it in and out of your teeth for 5 to 20 min.
- Spit the oil into trash can or bag,don't swallow it.
- Rinse your mouth with water.
- Brush and Floss
Do you think brushing is not required, if you are doing oil pulling daily??????
Some believe that they can replace tooth brushing session with oil pulling, using oil pulling as replacement of brushing would definitely increase your risk of getting cavities.the oil won't remove plaque or reduce bacteria.you have to brush your teeth mechanically removing deposits to protect your teeth.
Do you have an idea "if you are doing oil pulling daily, its of no need to meet your dentist??????"
Oil pulling cannot replace care from a qualified dentist ,and any delay in going to the dentist might make it difficult to treat mouth problem
DRAWBACKS OF OIL PULLING HIGHLIGHTED BY MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL AND EXPERTS
- It consumes more time than conventional alcohol-free, antiseptic mouthwash
- Accidental inhalation of the oil during oil pulling leads to lipid pneumonia,if the oil gets into the lung.
- Coconut oi in rare cases,can act as an antigenic agent that causes contact dermatitis
- According to american dental association,cases of diarrhea or somach upset have been reported
- Ayurvedic experts warn of negative side effects if improper technique is used,such as dry mouth,excessive thirst,muscular stiffness,loss of sensation or taste in the mouth
To know more about us
Visit us at www.gumsandteeth.in
427/200B Gums and Teeth Laser Dental Clinic
Mambakkam main road Medavakkam