You may be worried about the cause of your pain in and around your ear ,your pain may be radiating ...sometimes you may be confused and fail to locate the spot were your pain initiates as your pain is radiating.......totally confused whether it is an ENT problem or dental problem .....
Dental point of view
Dentist will first examine you clinically, if required, x-rays may be taken...
Examination involves ruling out...
- Dental infection
- TMJ analysis
- Pain in front of ear/middle ear/behind ear
- Dental decay involving your pulp
- If there is pus discharge
- Impacted teeth
- Any chronic irritations
- Any bone infection
- your cheek muscles are examined(If your muscles are stiff or hard)
- If there is enlargement of any nodes or gland
Pain in front of the ear
- Your salivary gland is situated right in front of your ear-any inflammation or stone in salivary gland(blocks the saliva from draining into the mouth,pain and swelling especially before and after meals-meal time syndrome ..swelling subsides slowly)
Your joints will be palpated and examined for clicking sound...if clicking sound is noticed you will be adviced to take X-ray
- Injury to teeth or jaw
- Malaligned teeth
- Collapsed bite
- Joint dislocation
- Deviation in jaw movement
- Lack of lubrication of joint
- Teeth grinding
- Nerve compression
- Fracture line in joint due to trauma
- ENT Problem
- Bone infection
- Space infection(infection of tooth spreads through the muscle spaces)
- Dandruff (nodal enlargement behind the ear)
- Calcification or outgrowth of bone
- Neurological pain
- Infection in the middle ear ,cause radiating pain behind the ear
you may ask the cause of your pain is your teeth ,but why you have pain in the ear ???you may not be able to locate the spot were your pain starts,its very simple to understand you may have in your left arm but the cause and spot were your pain initiates is your heart....its radiating pain.
For more details,contact GUMS AND TEETH LASER DENTAL CLINIC @ mambakkam main road,medavkkam,chennai-100
Book yourselves appointment at :practo.
Post a Comment