The scope of peri apical management has been extended .
This procedure aims at root end infections.
The peri-apical surgery is one type of management of lesions that mainly deals with the lesions that present over the root end which is severe and is highly infectious.
This kind of surgery is the last hope in preserving the tooth.
The peri apical or root end surgery is needed when the infection has not been removed and it exist as persisting lesion.
This surgery involves certain steps such as
- - Anesthesia provided by your Dentist
- -Root canal treatment completed by your Dentist followed by periapical surgery.
- -Elevation of soft tissue present over the lesion to expose the bone
- -Removal of outer bone that is present over the lesion(osteotomy)
- -Then next to the root exposure removal of the lesion should be done by using instruments such as curetts(curettage)
- -The infected root end should be removed .
- -Retrograde/reverse filling materials should be placed
- -Bone graft materials has been placed to induce the adequate bone growth.
- -Your Dentist will give some Sutures to hold the soft tissues in place.
- -During the checkup visits Your Dentist will verify adequate healing.
|Pre-operative infected left central incisor|
|X-ray image showing periapical lesion|
in the left central incisor
Root canal procedure completed followed by periapical surgery
|Removal of periapical lesion during the procedure|
|Placement of bone graft|
to enhance the bone growth
| Suture placement after the procedure|
For appointments contact at
GUMS AND TEETH LASER DENTAL CLINIC @ mambakkam main road,medavakkam,chennai-100
mail email@example.comAlso check us out atwww.gumsandteeth